How A Mom Of Multiples Gets Her Exercise

by farrah on March 9, 2012 · 8 comments

This is not what I am talking about. (photo from Project Nursery)

Without the gym…

Here’s how. Let’s take today for example:

Stairs: 4 reps by 8:00am.

Lift Kid In Car: 3 reps

Lift Kid Out of Car: 3 reps

Stairs: 4 reps by 11:00a. (carry 2- 25lb children down 1 rep)

Lift Kid In Car: 3 reps

Lift 35lb stroller out of trunk: 1

Lift Kid Out of Car: 3 reps

Brisk walk around Target: 15 minutes, pushing stroller w/ 2 25lb children and chasing a 3yo on foot (quickly).

Lift Kid In Car: 3 reps

Lift 35lb. stroller in trunk: 1

Lift 35lb. stroller out of trunk: 1

Lift Kid Out of Car: 3 reps

Brisk walk around Publix: 15 minutes, pushing stroller w/ 2 25lb children and chasing a 3yo on foot (quickly). Include FRANTIC run from register to dairy for forgotten item while children are left at register.

Lift Kid In Car: 3 reps

Lift 35lb. stroller in trunk: 1

Lift Kid Out of Car: 3 reps

Stairs: 4 reps by 2:00pm. (carry 2- 25lb children down 1 rep)

So, in my mind that qualifies as ‘working out’.

I am exhausted.

How do you work out? I suppose you can tell me your gym routine, but I’d much rather hear about all the ‘other’ excercising you do at home!

(What I’m Drinking Friday will hopefully return next week. The damage done a few weekends ago still has me gun shy and I think I have hit up all of my friends for a guest spot.)

1 Solon March 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm

This should be devoted to all women who think Stay At Home Moms don’t work.

2 farrah March 9, 2012 at 2:16 pm

True! Worst part is that I was overdressed for the temp yesterday- and I’m feeling sick from being pms-y. So on top of all this I really just wanted to throw up and pass out. It was fantastic.

3 Brianne March 9, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I hope that lady in the photo gets kicked in the nose. Who has enough ab strength to control a toddler in a stoller like that? Crazy talk I say.

Starting Monday begins my workout regimen with joining the gym. However I have but one child so I qualify this as a workout! I spend my days with my big butt in an office chair and feet up so maybe we can switch for a week? Wanna come make some maps for me?

4 farrah March 10, 2012 at 1:46 am

Do you really think you have to ask???

And good for you, joining a gym for real? I am jealous. And for the record, having any child (including being pregnant) is cause to call what you do a workout!

5 C @ Kid Things March 9, 2012 at 7:23 pm

My kids have been sick seemingly forever, so I’ve been getting a work-out going back and forth getting them what they want. Blanket on, blanket off. Apple juice, water, put it back on the table… etc. etc. Yet when I’m sick, I still have to get my own stuff. Go figure.

6 farrah March 10, 2012 at 1:47 am

Haha! Of course…us being sick is just…trudging along doing everything as usual but feeling crappy.

Poor kiddos, hope they are all better soon! Thanks for stopping in!

7 jennie March 13, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I was hosting a Buddhist meeting at the house on a week the house cleaners weren’t coming and so I worked up quite a sweat doing it all. It certainly counted as a workout!