#iPPP: I’m Hiding Out.

by farrah on June 27, 2012 · 18 comments

I’m able to join the #iPPP linkup from Shell, Wyoming and The Hideout! I’m so freaking excited to come back here and tell you all about this absolutely incredible- life changing adventure that I am on right now. All I can really put together now,  is that if you can- you NEED to look into a family vacation at a dude ranch. I am counting the years until I can scoop up the goup and take them back out here to The Hideout (it wouldn’t really be fun for kids until they are at least 10 or so in my opinion). This is something I never, ever will forget- and cannot wait to share it with my family. For now though, they’re just going to have to live vicariously through my photos. Which is making my husband pretty darn jealous since I’m here solo.

Tuesday we were at 9000ft above sea level in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming, and drove about 100 cattle to a new watering hole. It was awesome. My horse is named Randall, and he really likes to give me a hard time.

Here’s just a couple of my favorites from Tuesday so far…and remember, these are iphone only!

Thanks again to Greta and Julie for hosting the #iPPP linkup! Check it out and join in the fun!

GFunkified

1 Julie June 27, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I saw that awesome pic of you astride that horse on Instagram and I have been jealous ever since!

What a crazy cool adventure. Also, you rock the chaps. 🙂

Thanks for linking up all the way from your vacation!

2 farrah June 27, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Thanks Julie! I am trying to figure out how to incorportae the chaps into my everyday life- but they’re really not practical. They take a while to get off when peeing. 🙂

Thanks for hosting!

3 Greta June 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Yay!! I’ve been thinking about you all week and hoping for a glimpse! I’m so glad you’re having fun, and holy cow, the memories!!

4 farrah June 27, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Yes- this is incredible. I want SO BADLY to have these memories with the boys too- alas, 10 years might be too long to wait. Maybe the hubs and I will come solo 🙂

5 Katie E June 27, 2012 at 3:36 pm

This looks awesome! And it would be a great idea to take your family!

6 farrah June 27, 2012 at 9:17 pm

It really is an extremely family friendly vacation- something I never would have thought of and can’t wait to tell all about it.

7 Life As Wife June 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm

What a cool adventure! Can’t wait until my little guy is big enough for those type of family trips!

8 farrah June 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Me too! I am thrilled to have found something we all can look forward to in the years to come that isn’t the same old, same old- you know?

9 Cheryl June 27, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Wow, this looks like an amazing adventure!

10 farrah June 27, 2012 at 9:17 pm

It is- really and truly. Every night I just think how lucky I am to be here.

11 Irene June 28, 2012 at 12:07 am

So jealous! The pics look great! I’ve always wanted to do a dude ranch. Had been planning it for the last 3 years -without the hubs- but will have to wait until my little one is older. Glad you are having a great time.

12 farrah June 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Oh Irene, DO IT. I am going to do a write up on them next week and cannot say enough how wonderful this has been. I have loved every second here. If there’s anything I can do to give you tips or put you in touch with someone here- let me know!

13 Denae@ New Mom Adventure June 28, 2012 at 3:47 am

Fun! One of my fav memories was a family reunion we had at a dude ranch in Texas. Best trip ever.

14 farrah June 28, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Yes! So you know- it’s amazing (and I hate using that word) but it really, really is!

15 Kerstin June 28, 2012 at 4:01 am

LOVE those pictures – how I would love to go there!
I have been to a few different places in Wyoming, Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons are definitely my favourite.
Glad you’re having a good time there!

16 farrah June 28, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I am- I think you and I would have a blast here together. Let’s make this happen, eh?

17 Genevieve June 29, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I absolutely adore the one of you on the horse. And these photos make me remember the time I was in WY and just how OPEN it is. Gorgeous. Thanks for the flashback 🙂

18 farrah June 30, 2012 at 1:36 am

You’re welcome! I miss it already and I’ve been home since this afternoon 🙂 And thanks- I loved riding with Randall 🙂