Yes, I Keep a Keurig In My Bathroom

by farrah on July 16, 2012 · 9 comments

I never really thought that this was something brilliant.

Until on two separate occasions I was telling someone on twitter that I kept a small, first generation Keurig in my bathroom and people were saying ‘This is an awesome idea!’.

I came to be inspired for this post after chatting briefly this morning with @TheFadderly and @jenlanderson629. Look, here’s proof:

See, they really did use the word ‘brilliant’. And if I remembered who that other person I was telling months ago my secret- she called me brilliant too. You’ll just have to take my word for it. Frankly I am flattered because no one ever says that about my ideas.

So- this is my one claim to fame.

About four Christmases ago my husband bought me a Keurig. We already had a coffee maker in the kitchen- but it was pretty clear that I was only making one cup a day- so this was a perfect solution. Also they were new at the time and people thought that they were really cool and we really had to have one.

Well shoot. Now I can’t remember if it was his idea- or my idea to put it in the bathroom. Anyhow- it’s there, and it’s been there forever and I love it. In fact- while I was on bed rest with the twins I started keeping bottled water up in my room because I was basically downing two gallons a day. I eventually got the bright idea to keep my half and half upstairs to boot.

After going that far- I decided that I might as well keep my sugar in the bathroom because it’s not like we were going to get ants in the bathroom, right? Even if we did I would be able to wash them down the sink. In essence- I never have to leave my room.

So this has been my set up now for the past few years. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn’t really, really stressing over what my Netherlands bathroom configuration is going to be like. I doubt I’ll have a counter quite this long with this much room. It’s on my husband’s end by his sink. Obviously.

And even if I did- will I need an adapter for the plug? You know- those weird European things? Or is Keurig international?

Yes, these are the thoughts that keep me up at night.

Have you ever done something pretty simple that makes life easier? Share!!!

This post was not sponsored by Keurig. However I am more than open to future brand ambassadorships with Keurig due to my ingenious use of their product.

1 Greta July 16, 2012 at 3:54 am

Oh my gosh….is that the water measure cup thing for your vacuum? Because it looks exactly like my shark steamer cup thing, which I use for my Keurig! Every stinking morning!

Also, yes. BRILLIANT. I do hope you can not only use your Keurig overseas, but keep it in the bathroom.

2 farrah July 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Greta- great minds think alike. That is totally from my Shark! When you realized how great of a match that was, did you pat yourself on the back? Because I totally did. You can’t pour water in there from a mug without dripping it everywhere!

3 CK July 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Best to buy a new one in while in the EU. Nesspresso is huge over here.

4 farrah July 16, 2012 at 1:28 pm

If that’s how the coffee is done over there then I am sold. I have never had such wonderful coffee as that in the cafes and restaurants we went to last month. Seriously- they know coffee.

5 Kristen July 18, 2012 at 3:13 am

I love my Keurig. My husband and I don’t really drink coffee so we had no need for a coffee maker but this can make all kinds of teas and it is perfect for guests.
Just so you know, that Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s is a product of The Netherlands. It is so good that my mouth just salivated as I typed that.

6 Shannon July 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I love this, and I have been toying with the idea of getting a keurig for a while. As for the clever ideas on my end, I have none. I am literally sitting here thinking that surely I have some clever timesaving tricks that I use, and I am sure that I must…but I can’t think of one. Perhaps my clever idea is a journal that I write all important information in since I can’t remember anything these days! Ack! Clearly…I need more coffee!

7 Marsha January 17, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Just saw this…We had the same type of bathroom counter in our old house. We put the keurig in the middle and it looked really nice when we showed the home to potential buyers. Master was upstairs so it made sense.

Alas, our new master is right next to the kitchen so it doesn’t seem necessary. I don’t drink coffee and my husband gets starbucks on the way to work. Besides, when company comes over, I don’t want to have to go into the bathroom to make them coffee.

8 jaylee January 29, 2017 at 4:07 am

Don’t put a coffee maker in the bathroom !!!!! Remember fecal matter!!!!!

9 farrah January 29, 2017 at 10:29 am