#iPPP: Trying To Be More Like That PGIP

by farrah on August 15, 2012 · 19 comments

Do you know The Preppy Girl In Pink? If you don’t- you should. Kristen is probably one of the most uplifting, positive and inspirational people I have come across in a looong time.

I could go on and on here and embarrass her quite significantly with my compliments, but I won’t. Once you meet her you’ll get it. The reason why my #iPPP post is all owed to her this week is because she recently talked about something that she made a point to do more of…and now I want to do more of it too.

It’s called- Getting Mom Out From Behind The Camera.

You can read her Birthday Self Photo post here. You’ll be glad you did. In fact, you might get yourself in front of the camera more as well.

So without further ado, here’s me. In front of the camera for once.. with one of my adorable mens.

Hey there Greta and Julie.. thanks again for hosting! Love the #iPPP linkup Wednesdays!!

Mamamash

1 Susi August 15, 2012 at 2:58 am

That’s a cute pic and so important to be in front of the camera. One of my friends does a monthly link up … all about mom. But she’s taking a little break since she just had a baby!

2 farrah August 15, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Thank you! And I guess I never really thought of it before I read her post- that link up sounds fun, I’ll have to keep an eye out for it, thanks 🙂

3 Kerstin August 15, 2012 at 3:01 am

You look fantastic! Love that picture 🙂

4 farrah August 15, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Thanks Kerstin!

5 Greta @gfunkified August 15, 2012 at 3:04 am

You’re so pretty! (I’ve seen your face before, but still. You are.) I saw Kristen’s post and loved it. Stasha from Northwest Mommy did a whole slideshow for her birthday last year and I was so inspired by her as well. We do a heckuva lot of work to go places, do things, get our families somewhere, and half the time, you’d never know we moms were even there! I always ask someone to take at least one picture of me to prove I was there, darn it. Also, our kids are going to be so happy to see pics of us as young, hot mamas when they grow up. 😉

6 farrah August 15, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Thanks Greta! I have a hard time in front of the camera but I really want to try and get out there more. That’s a good rule of thumb too- get at last ONE shot wherever it is you go. I need to get better about this for our memories!

7 kerryb August 15, 2012 at 3:35 am

You are adorable and I love that you call th boys your “mens” haha

8 farrah August 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm

They are my mens! Lucky lady am I.

9 Robbie August 15, 2012 at 6:27 am

You are adorable and getting in front of the camera is on my to do list now thanks to you two!

10 farrah August 15, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thanks Robbie. I also think you should post them too. I want to see your face!

11 Kristen @ The Preppy Girl in Pink August 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Farrah, when I saw this photo on Instagram last night, I was so happy to see your face. I didn’t even think of my post being part of your motivation. I couldn’t be happier that it was!
This is one of the first things I saw when I logged on this morning. You have made me day!! You know I have big ol’ tears running down my face.
I’m so happy you are getting in front of the camera! I can’t wait to see more of your beautiful face (and on TV…squee!!!!) xoxox

12 farrah August 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Hahah! Oh I am glad it made your day- but in all reality you’re right and you gave me something to think about. I want my kids to see me with them in pics too- so I’m going to make a real effort going forward.

13 Mommy Shorts August 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm

SO nice to see your face! You’re adorable! Every once in awhile I get kind of a glimpse of it on Instagram, but not really.

I suffer from the same affliction- always behind the camera. What can I say- my kid is much cuter than I am.

14 farrah August 15, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I know right? I cannot compete with their level of good looking!

15 Katie E August 15, 2012 at 5:54 pm

You’re so cute! I felt the same way about Kristen’s post. But I haven’t taken any pictures of myself yet 🙂

16 farrah August 15, 2012 at 6:48 pm

No time like the present! And thank you 🙂

17 Julie August 15, 2012 at 6:24 pm

You’re so pretty! It’s hard to concentrate though with that adorable tongue wagging at me!

18 farrah August 15, 2012 at 6:48 pm

He is rather distracting… I think I’m in trouble with him.

19 Julia August 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Great picture, I read Kristen’s post and just loved it, it made me want to get out from behind the camera too.