House Hunters & #iPPP International

by farrah on December 5, 2012 · 43 comments

How cool that the timing for my #iPPP contribution for the week just happened to fall after our House Hunters International shoot? Pretty neat if you ask me because I am thrilled to have some shots that weren’t on my ย phone- but on another one (so they still qualify). No worries- nothing will be given away for those die hard HHI fans who don’t want to know which one we chose- but here are some truly one of a kind behind the scenes shots of our experience!

First and foremost.. it was a looooong weekend. The shooting started Friday and we had a brand new sitter hang with the boys all day. We had to be at the agent’s office by 8:30am- which is where the stage was set for our hunt. ย Hubs and I are discussing our wish list which does not include things like granite countertops- but more like ‘stairs that won’t kill all of us’.

Next up is a shot from when we were doing a ‘recap’ of a house. My husband and I are talking about first impressions. My goodness it was chilly that morning! And yes, I am rocking my Country Outfitter boots!

Here is a scene with our bike. I love this thing. I can’t wait to do a full blown review of our Madsen Cargo Bike on the blog. Jared (the company founder) is an awesome and interesting guy to be sure- and I want him to get as much exposure as possible. If we come back to a city- I will keep on keepin’ on with this sweet ride. I love it. And hey- it’s my workout too! ((FYI, GREAT holiday special on the cargo bike. Turn in your mini van. I dare you!)

This is a shot talking about our thoughts and first impressions of this house. I don’t want to give anything away- so I’ll simply say it was AAAHHHMMMAZZING.
And lastly- this was our final day of shooting with the boys. They wanted a typical scene in a restaurant, ordering and sampling local fare. Well- as I am sure you parents out there know- dining with little ones isn’t exactly a good time. I am sure that I look stressed, strained and all around bitchy the entire scene. What can I say, I do not enjoy eating in nice restaurants with the kids- let alone with tv cameras watching! Besides, if I was laughing having a grand old time you’d know I was faking it. Not sure if you will be able to see it but I was the only one to scarf down the lunch. I know how to eat quickly and hubs is clearly not well versed in that art.
So that was it! Our weekend in a nutshell. What was really crazy was that in order to film our house first- they moved all of our stuff out into a truck- filmed it empty- then at night they brought everything back in again. The bonus here was that (coincidentially) our beloved air freight (1500lbs of home stuff) was also to be delivered. So Friday night we had our entire house to put together again. It was insane. But fun. And I can’t wait for our boys to watch it in 20 years laughing their heads off at their dorks for parents! HHI has told me that it takes typically 4-6 months for an episode to air, so we have a while to wait…
Thanks again to the lovely Greta & Julie for their delightful #iPPP linkup each Wednesday!
GFunkified
Nothing was sponsored in this post. My links are there because I think they are companies worth checking out!

1 Katie E December 5, 2012 at 11:35 am

It just all looks so fun and crazy! And beautiful. I don’t think I like the idea of myself on TV ever, but you look great ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m not sure a cargo bike would work for me where I live, but it seems like such a cool idea – and a good workout.

2 farrah December 5, 2012 at 11:43 am

It was fun and crazy- and I have really not been that exhausted since having newborns. I don’t like the idea of ‘being on tv’ either- but there are so many of these episodes- my hope is that it will fade into the blur. We get to keep the dvd of the episode so I love the idea of busting it out around the holidays each year. Hubs says he will not watch it, so we’ll see!

3 Kristin December 5, 2012 at 11:56 am

I’m amazed that you found that fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

And I would seriously consider that bike! I’m too freaked by drivers to get onto a regular bike, but that one looks solid. I’ll look him up.

4 farrah December 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

You should! I love this thing. I took the 3 to school yesterday and even the Dutch moms here were impressed with how functional it was.

And if I didn’t think it was fun, I’d be crying!

5 Kimberly December 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I can’t believe that they took everything out of your house and put it back in. I would have had a minor stroke. Ok a major one…and then I’d plow through a box of cookies.

6 farrah December 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm

That was a little hard to take- but since we didn’t have the majority of our stuff in yet, I could deal. The stroke came in knowing that they were going to be filming it for the reveal on Sunday- which meant we had 2 evenings to get our house ‘tv ready’. Needless to say- it’s not anything spectacular!

7 Danielle December 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Yay! Can you give a heads up when it’s going to air? I love that show but since I never watch live TV I rarely catch it. And way to rock some awesome boots!!

8 farrah December 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I will. Maybe. If we don’t make total asses out of ourselves on the show ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Kathleen December 5, 2012 at 1:05 pm

So, so exciting and exhausting. What a crazy weekend! Can’t wait to see the show.

10 farrah December 5, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I wish the boys were in more of it. They were really only in like 1 day of shooting because house tours are too hard to do with kids. We had to have a sitter.

11 kerrybb December 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Wow! That is too cool. I feel very jealous right now:) I can’t wait to watch!!!

12 farrah December 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

No need to be jealous! Unless it’s of me having a super hot husband lol!

13 KerryB December 10, 2012 at 12:59 am

OMG that is so sweet!

14 Jen December 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Can’t wait to see the show! It’s a shame they couldn’t have filmed your house empty of the stuff you brought, then filled it back with the stuff from your air freight too…

15 farrah December 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Well they kind of did- but at the end of the night they brought in everything at once. So we had like 20 boxes to open. I was so tired. I mean- I wanted to see this stuff so badly- but at the same time I wanted to sleep!

16 Susi December 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

OMG. This is too cool. I don’t watch religiously but I do watch from time to time. You’ll have to let us know when it airs so we can all see you in action!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Awesome.

17 farrah December 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I will! Although I am really a true dork and am sure I will hate myself on tv.

18 Kerstin December 5, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Can’t wait to watch it!
“Stairs that won’t kill us all” – LMFAO (but I can relate with some of the old buildings over there).

19 farrah December 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Seriously- that’s what it was like. I mean, the Dutch are the tallest people in the world (no kidding, they’re huge!) so what is UP with the crazy stairs?!?!

20 Jenna December 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Cannot wait to see this air. I am insanely jealous!
I cannot wait to see you guys in the restaurant too, haha i’ll play a HHI game called, drink whenever you look stressed ๐Ÿ˜‰

21 farrah December 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Yes- you must. I will link that game and everyone needs to play. I made sure to use the word ‘space’ a lot. Ha!

22 Ducky December 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm

How very cool that you got to be on tv! It IS exhuasting and the behind the scenes stuff just fascinates me. SO MUCH goes into producing just one episopde, its ridiculous!

23 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I had NO idea. It’s insane. And I think of John & Kate and all that. No wonder they both went nuts.

24 Elaine A. December 5, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show! I cannot wait to see you on there! How Exciting!! I bet it was quite the whirlwind!

25 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Yay- glad you are a fan! You’ll have to give me your feedback and tell me what you thought. Like if we made the right choice ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Greta December 5, 2012 at 9:38 pm

That’s so awesome. So, you moved into a house, and then that was one of the ones you were “considering” for the show? Those are crazy times that will be so fun to look back on!

27 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I know! It will all look so strange in reverse, but that’s how it works!

28 Mamaintheburbs December 5, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Farrah,
How did you get to do this exciting opportunity? You prob blogged about it and I missed it. I just think its totally cool:) can’t wait to watch the show!
Happy Holidays!
Kelly

29 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Actually a friend told me they were casting. We don’t have cable- so don’t even watch the show, but when I checked their facebook page I saw an email address asking to send us our story to see if we might be in an episode. After that I was phone interviewed and then send a quick video. The boys were the draw!

30 Angela@JumpingWithMyFingersCrossed December 6, 2012 at 2:32 am

So cool. Can’t wait to see the episode!

31 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thanks! I hope I don’t seem too much like an idiot. I hate my voice let alone see myself on tv. Oy.

32 Shannon December 6, 2012 at 3:14 am

Wow — that is INSANE, but so fun! I laughed out loud about the eating out with kids part ๐Ÿ˜‰

33 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I know right? I mean- how many things are as chaotic as trying to eat out with our kids?

34 Mama Pants December 6, 2012 at 4:11 am

How. Amazing. is. That? And also probably just bizarre to have those people just following you around and making you talk to them! lol

And um, you boots are GORGEOUS.

35 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Thank you! I love these boots. I wear them every single day.. I hope they last because I won’t be able to get another pair!

36 Jamie@southmainmuse December 6, 2012 at 5:06 am

Too fun and crazy. I will love to see it. And try to guess which house you chose. Be sure to let us know what day it is going to air.

37 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I will, thanks for being interested. It is fun and crazy at the same time for sure.

38 Robbie December 7, 2012 at 3:56 am

I cannot wait 4-6 months to see and hear all about your house!!!!
What an experience!!

39 farrah December 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Lol I know! Gotta keep it mysterious. Maybe I will sneak you some pics. Are you on Instagram? I have a few on there.

40 nerdmommathfun December 7, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Oh, I can’t WAIT to see your episode!! Your escapades have become quite the conversational fodder in casa Nerdmathfun – “HONEY!! You’ll never GUESS what this gal I know online is doing! And where she’s doing it! WHY don’t WE do fun and exciting things like that?” (PS – loooove the boots, btw. SUPERcute.)

41 farrah December 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

LOL! Your husband probably thinks I am one crazy mother. But this can be done. If I can do it- ANYONE CAN!!!