What a nice way to wake up the other day- I learned another blogger was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award! Thank you very much Dena for the lovely props. What makes me even happier is that I can in turn, nominate 11 fabulous people as well (that absolutely deserve it).
As I learned on Dena’s site It’s All About The Journey:
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.
Like many things in life, there are rules for accepting such an award, and I follow them just like any mom attempting to set an example for her three wild boys might try to do (haha). So here they are:
Without further ado, here I am following the rules (sort of):
11 Random Facts:
1. The oldest pair of pants I own go back to ‘The Black Pants’ from my college days. That would be 1998. I still wear them- they are the grandmother to today’s ‘yoga pants’.
2. I developed flight anxiety in 2006. I’ve flown a million times before then but it just hit me out of the blue going on our honeymoon.
3. I hate, hate, hate getting my socks wet walking across a floor.
4. I love Coca-Cola. I drink 1 per day and it hits the spot.
5. I once saw Snoop Dogg in concert.
6. I wanted to go to the Seychelles before Kate & William made it cool.
7. When I found out we were having twins I was more freaked out at the thought of having 2 girls than two babies in general. Lucky for us- we had two more boys!
8. After pregnancy I never lost the ‘pregnancy nose’. It’s a curse. Smells are not my friend.
9. My ideal place on earth to settle forever would be Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
10. I do not get homesick.
11. My boys are my favorite part of living.
And now for my responses to her 11 questions:
1. If you could have dinner with one person alive or dead who would it be? My grandmother. I miss her and want to tell her all about what we’ve been doing, ask her how my grandfather is- and ask her advice on our future. As in where should we travel to next???
2. What is one travel location that you would love to visit? Corsica!
3. What is your biggest fear? Something awful happening to my children.
4. What is your real hair color? Brown.
5. If you were to give your 20 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be? Don’t worry so much! Your life is going to be better than you could have possibly imagined!
6. What household chore do you hate to do? Folding/putting away laundry.
7. What is your all time favorite movie and why? Gone With The Wind. I am a sucker for the South, Vivian Leigh and Clark Gable.
8. What are your goals for 2013? To explore and enjoy our adventure!
9. Do you tweet? You betcha.
10. What is your favorite drink? I adore a home made mojito with fresh mint in the summertime.
11. If you were stuck on an island, what would the one thing you could not live without~can not be a person. An endless supply of icy-cold Coke.
And here are the 11 bloggers I nominate for this award:
1. Kathleen @ Michigan_Left
2. Kerri @ New2Two
3. Danielle @ Sweet Serendipity
4. Robbie @ Fractured Family Tales
5. Megan @ MegNutmeg
6. Kristin @ That Unique Weblog
7. Stacia @ My Fluffy Bunnies
8. Danny @ Pennsylvania Dutch
9. Jen @ My Name Is Jen And…
11. Kerstin @ Auer Life
And now for their questions (I admit, I changed it to 10. 11 is a strange number for me)
1. Sweet or Savory?
2. Summer or Winter?
3. Most irrational fear?
4. A flaw you have accepted in yourself:
5. The last book you read:
6. How many hours of sleep you got last night:
7. The drink you order in a restaurant:
8. Cat, dog or fish?
9. What would be the opening line of your eulogy?
10. What actor/actress would play your life story in a Lifetime mini series?
I hope they get a chance to answer my very important questions!
And thank you again Dena for my very first award!