Germany Bound

by farrah on March 27, 2013 · 10 comments

We’re in Munich and Nuremberg this week- staying at a hostel and braving the snow and 30 degree weather. So far I’m really impressed with the boys and how well they’re doing. Also I can’t wait to get back and write up my review of Hostelling International here. I’m floored at how this experience has exceeded all of our expectations- and we’ve decided to look into staying with them again in Paris this summer.

And here I thought hostels were dirty college kids smoking pot in the lobby. Absolutely not at this one!

Have a great rest of the week and hope you’re warmer than I am 🙂

1 Danielle March 27, 2013 at 10:54 am

I was waiting for your hostel post. Glad you are enjoying! It’s nice to hear they aren’t all filled with pot smoking college kids. Wish the weather was a little warmer for you guys.

2 farrah March 31, 2013 at 9:50 am

Me too- it was downright chilly!!!

3 Leighann March 27, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I always thought that about hostels too! Maybe this is something more people (meaning me) should look into!

4 farrah March 31, 2013 at 9:51 am

I can’t wait to really get into my review of them. It was awesome, and you can TOTALLY do it- no ick factor here either. These were genuinely really nice.

5 Leigh Ann March 27, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I love how you guys are traveling so much since moving over there! And yeah, the only stories I’ve heard about hostels haven’t exactly been positive. I definitely have never thought of it as a family destination!

6 farrah March 31, 2013 at 9:52 am

What’s also really nice is no one bats an eye when you say you’re in a family of 5… total opposite of what we get in a hotel. You have HOW MANY?? Not so easy with the twins in cribs, but if you and hubs are down with a top bunk- you’re all set.

7 Kristin March 28, 2013 at 12:17 am

Hostels are amazing! And what I love about European travelers is their lack of a need for the little amenities US travelers seem to crave. I loved staying at hostels around Germany!

8 farrah March 31, 2013 at 9:53 am

Yes! I am so excited to have experienced them. They’re going to be our new first go-to when seeking a room. Of course, I am sure not all experiences will go this well.. but they’re amazing.

9 Robbie March 29, 2013 at 5:30 am

i can’t wait to live vicariously through you!

10 farrah March 31, 2013 at 9:53 am

I wish you were sitting shot gun 🙂