Where To Go?- Favorite Instagrams of Late

by farrah on July 31, 2013 · 22 comments

The hardest part about living here in Europe is having a constant bout of itchy feet. It doesn’t help that I follow some pretty insanely awesome travel-focused Instagrammers either! One of them is the lovely Katja from Skimbaco. Her website isΒ Skimbaco Lifestyle, and co-hosts an Instagram travel link up on Thursdays along with some other great travel focused IG-ers. This week I’m joining them!

We’ve been back now from our trip since Friday and all I can think about is where to go next. Thankfully, my husband and I have a late anniversary getaway coming up in about two weeks. While his parents are in town we will take a long weekend in Spain’s Tossa De Mar. We haven’t been away alone together for a long weekend since last year’s recon trip over here. Beach, sun and Spain? Oh yes please.

This wonderful IGer @imvito has pics ONLY from Tossa De Mar- and her entire gallery has me giddy. I cannot wait to get there! (bonus side note: when I thanked her for her photos and asked permission to post them, we chatted and turns out her husband owns a bar in Tossa. She invited us to stop in on our visit, which I can assure you we most certainly will do!)

Other than that we have so many ideas floating around. I joke with my friend Ann about my obsession with Croatia. She shares it- and will most likely get there before I do. Recently I saw an episode of Anthony Bourdain in Croatia– compounded with my friend Jenny’s insanely over the top gorgeous Instagram pics from there, and I’m hooked.

I was talking to my husband about it last night and he was like ‘Yeah! Sure! But not with the boys.’.

He’s right. As much as I love traveling with the kiddos, Croatia is somewhere that I’d rather not take them until they are a little older. So therein lies the issue—- childcare. πŸ™

The other places we’re talking about are Prague, Corsica, Scandinavia, Austria, Greece.. ah the list goes on and on. But right now I am just in LOVE with Croatia.

Where are you dreaming about these days? Got a favorite Instagrammer to share? Please tell me so I can follow along.

Fantastic Instagrams by @imvito (Tossa de Mar), @atasteoftravelΒ (Croatia) & @matadornetwork (Prague, Australia).

Hop over to check out the rest of these great IG travel posts linked up on Skimbaco Lifestyle and her tip of the week.

1 Leighann July 31, 2013 at 4:30 pm

all of these places and pictures you share have me itching to travel!

2 farrah August 1, 2013 at 8:52 am

Me too πŸ™‚

3 Ann August 1, 2013 at 6:44 am

I doubt we’ll get there first (but, I kind of hope we do! πŸ™‚ ) Right now I’m dreaming about our quickly approaching trips to Zurich and then to Yosemite. — And of course, Croatia!

Love that picture of Prague from the Matador Network. I think the only thing that makes dealing with the travel inspiration in Instagram is knowing you have your own trip coming up soon.

4 farrah August 1, 2013 at 8:53 am

Prague has been on my mind for a while too. I saw an IG a while back of the city center at sunset. It blew my mind!

5 jenny@atasteoftravel August 1, 2013 at 7:35 am

Thanks for the including the Croatia photos, Farrah. We have loved every minute of our time in Croatia so I really do hope that you can visit soon..I know you’ll love it! You’ve also chosen a photo from Western Australia..my home state!! The photo of the camels is taken in Broome where we head to escape our Perth winters….Come and visit and see us on the way!!

6 farrah August 1, 2013 at 8:54 am

Perth has been on my list since the late 90s- I think I told you I had a roommate from a summer job that lived there. She was SO lovely and had me hooked.

I WILL be in Croatia at some point. Just need to figure out the logistics!

7 Reeta @houseofanais August 1, 2013 at 8:13 am

All so beautiful places. I’ve also heard so much good about Croatia that I’d like to head there for a sailing holiday! Thank you for participating in #IGTravelThursday!

8 farrah August 1, 2013 at 8:54 am

I think it’s the next big thing- people are talking about it everywhere!
Thanks for being a host πŸ™‚

9 Andrea, Passports And Pushchairs August 1, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Croatia is on our list, so is Japan. We may end up in France next Summer, but who knows! I will go pretty much anywhere!

10 farrah August 2, 2013 at 6:26 am

I love that attitude πŸ™‚ I’m pretty much up for anywhere too!

11 Chasing the Donkey August 1, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Awesome photos AND an invitation to a cool bar = SCORE!

12 farrah August 2, 2013 at 6:26 am

Agree! Can’t wait. We’re so excited!

13 Lisa Goodmurphy August 1, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I love that first photo with the map – decisions, decisions! πŸ˜‰ You are so lucky to be living in Europe and have so many amazing countries just a short flight away. It would be much easier to tell you where I’m not dreaming about going because my dream list is very, very long but a good part of it revolves around Europe. I’m dreaming about the Norwegian fjords and Oslo, the Swiss Alps, Croatia, Prague, Salzburg, all of England, Ireland…. and I’m trying to narrow it down to start planning for next year!

14 farrah August 2, 2013 at 6:27 am

Isn’t that funny how it works? You’re planning for the next one sometimes before you even take the first one πŸ™‚ We’re feeling very fortunate. The time is going by so quickly though- I fear it will be over before we know it.

15 Satu VW August 1, 2013 at 7:24 pm

That’s definitely the great thing about Europe, you don’t need to go far and you’re already in a totally different culture with different language, food, customs… I’m just “slightly” jealous about your plans to go to Spain, I just realised that me and my husband haven’t traveled anywhere alone for almost two years!!! We need to follow your suit… πŸ™‚ If you end up coming up to Norway, let me know, there’s plenty of beautiful places to see here!

16 farrah August 2, 2013 at 6:29 am

I agree, I could have worse problems! I am also thrilled at how much less expensive it is to fly around. Even state-to-state in the US is just disgusting with the cost.

We do hope to come to Norway and Finland specifically. My grandmother is from Norway and my father really really wants to see me go.

17 Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog August 1, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Such great photos this week, and you’ve given me new accounts to follow. These are beautiful. I do the same thing as you…where to go next. πŸ™‚

18 farrah August 2, 2013 at 6:29 am

Thank you! I hope you enjoy them. They’re really great Igers!

19 Cheryl @ KidsOnAPlane August 3, 2013 at 3:16 am

Wonderful photos you have shared here and many new IGers I have to follow now! I just had to Google Tossa De Mar. I need to go there one day!

20 Liz from WomanlyWoman.com August 5, 2013 at 1:16 am

Amazing! I really feel the urge to travel now! Thank you for posting and sharing.

21 Katja of Skimbaco August 5, 2013 at 6:39 am

I’ve seen so many amazing photos from Croatia on Instagram the past year that me too – I am itching to go! Let me know if you want to visit Scandinavia, I’d be happy to give some travel tips, and you are welcome to visit us in the Swedish countryside – with the kids and all πŸ™‚

22 Amy August 8, 2013 at 3:54 am

One of my former coworkers just got back from an amazing trip to Croatia. She was on a boat for much of the time. Oh – and she doesn’t have kids. πŸ™‚ Such pretty pics!