Expativersary & Instagram Travel Thursday! (because I can multitask!)

by farrah on October 24, 2013 · 15 comments

I really like being a part of the Skimbaco & friends Instagram Travel Thursday linkup- but I can’t break my stride now on my spin down memory lane for this ‘Expativersary‘. So today I thought it would be fun to go back and post my favorite traveling Instagrams from the past year and combine the two efforts. We were able to see quite a few places and feeling pretty fortunate for that.

969034_10201101043801998_333531552_nPont de l’Archevêché (Love Lock bridge) in Paris

It was really difficult to pick just a ‘few‘ pics from the past 12 months. I tried to contain them to one photo per country/per trip, and I left out our village of Oisterwijk completely. There are a few of same country/different city- but I had to do it. All links are to my posts or a post of mine on Travel Mamas (TM) as noted.

NL-Deventer Charles Dickens Fest 12/16

Center Parcs Moselle, France 1/31 Water Tree (TM)

Switzerland- Oberland 2/4

NL- Utrecht Kasteel de Haar June 22

Ireland- Blarney Castle June 29

Ireland- Cork June 29

Ireland- Waterford June 30

NL- Delft July 4

France- Paris July 20

France- Dordogne July 23 (TM)

France- Orleans July 24

Belgium- Ghent July 25 (TM)

Spain- Tossa de Mar Aug 8

Germany- Cologne Sept 29

Luxembourg Vianden Castle Oct 14

I wonder what’s around that corner…. Well, I’d say that was a busy year! I can’t wait to see what’s ahead. Thanks so much for following along with us on this journey! Follow me on Instagram @Momofthreeunder to see what’s next.

Hop over to check out the rest of these great IG travel posts linked up on Skimbaco Lifestyle and her tip of the week.

1 Mrs. Chasing the Donkey October 24, 2013 at 8:45 am

The one of the boys at the tower is by far my fav. What a year – and I am sure the next one will be even more amazing.

2 farrah October 24, 2013 at 10:39 am

I hope so! And I hope to add some Croatia in there for next year too 🙂

3 Mrs. Chasing the Donkey October 30, 2013 at 6:36 pm

YES! Or we can come to you perhaps?? Not your house, just your city 😉

4 Erin October 24, 2013 at 10:17 am

Hello, I am a friend of Jessica and my husband and I are living in Bonn, Germany for the fall semester. My husband is here with a group of students studying abroad. We are here until December.

Wow! I am so amazed and impressed with all the places you’ ve been AND with 3 little bitty ones. I have such admiration for you. We have drug our 5 and 7 year old boys to Paris, Rome, Assisi, Venice, and Prague and although wonderful for all, a little challenging with the children.

I don’t have a blog, otherwise I’d be interested in link our photos from our recent travels.

I so enjoy reading about fellow expats and their experiences.

Thank you for sharing.

Eri

5 farrah October 24, 2013 at 10:37 am

Nice to meet you Erin! Yeah- it’s a little challenging to say the least 🙂 We didn’t take them to Spain, and I went alone to Italy and Ireland. We usually tend to take them everywhere else though! Hotels are usually the biggest challenge for me- finding a room to fit us all is tough!

Thanks for stopping in and nice to meet you!

6 Jessica October 24, 2013 at 10:58 am

Wow, that’s quite a lot of ground you’ve covered in such a short time!! I am looking forward to traveling and exploring more here in the Netherlands, finding unique sights in many places!

7 farrah October 24, 2013 at 1:54 pm

So much to see, it’s awesome! And in my opinion a perfect jumping off point too. Can’t see what you guys discover 🙂

8 Ace October 24, 2013 at 11:35 am

You’ve done really well in the last year =) All your pictures are great, but I’ll say specifically that I think the Dickens celebration in Deventer was a neat experience all around, and I love the picture of the boys looking out the windows in Amsterdam.

9 farrah October 24, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Thanks! That’s one of my favorites too. Can’t believe that was last February!

10 Robbie October 24, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I REALLY REALLY should have snuck into your suitcase. Amazing photos!

11 Ann October 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I have so many comments to make. Great photos!!! My favorites are the ones with the boys in Amsterdam (not just bc I’m taking your tip and staying there in a few months, either), the one in Rotterdam, and the ones in Paris. Your boys are so lucky that you are willing to take them to so many amazing places. It is definitely not easy.

12 Colleen Lanin October 24, 2013 at 5:01 pm

What a wonderful bunch of photos! I’m off to share a few on Pinterest!

13 Satu VW / Destination Unknown October 24, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Wow, you have definitely gotten around! I especially love the two images with your little ones. And what a great way to combine both linkups!

14 Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog October 24, 2013 at 7:34 pm

You’ve had a fantastic year. Loved these photos. Priceless memories. And I think that photo with the purple/blue flowers flowing is gorgeous.

15 Amy October 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I’m living vicariously, yet again. Such great photos and adventures!