Great Places To Stay
Links of tried and tested hotels/apartments/rentals. There is no partnership between these places and The Three Under, just my own recommendation. If you’d like a review please see ‘Where We’ve Been’ and I link specific blog posts.
- Hallstatt: House shared with owner. Sleeps 5 (private accommodations).
- Kappl: House. We stopped here as the halfway point on a summer holiday- fantastic house, perfect for large groups. Bianca (the owner) is SO friendly and helpful. A perfect place to stay for a skiing or summer holiday for sure. Reasonable rates too vs. high season costs in most places.
- Ghent: Family boutique hotel with large family-style room. Slept 5 of us comfortably and we loved the Irish pub in the middle courtyard.
- Prague: Holiday apartment via HouseTrip. Slept the 5 of us and grandma had her own room too.
- Billund: Legoland Hotel. Family room overlooking the park! Slept 5 comfortably (shared room with kids). Room 788 was great. Very clean, comfortable beds, quiet, fun with Legos already in the room to play with.
- Dordogne: Le Chevrefeuille self-catering apartments and rooms. Historic south-of-France building. Our self-catering apartment our second year slept 5, our first year we stayed in two adjoining rooms that would sleep 4.
- Paris: Airbnb apartment sleeps 6.
- Nuremberg: Hostelling International family hostel in a castle! We have stayed here 3 times.
- Halkidiki: Sani Club of Sani Resorts (STUNNING & for the whole family). Bungalow 417 & 418 was the perfect set-up for our family of 5.
- Lucca: Hotel, and I stayed alone but the location and suite were fabulous and enough room for 4.
- Domaso (Lake Como): Private apartment. We stayed in the ‘Nelly’ but this is the link to the entire site. Nelly will sleep 6.
- Rome: Guest apartment via HouseTrip. Slept 5.
- Tuscany: Montaione Borgo La Casaccia. Slept 5, Bolgheri apt, but I recommend one with a private garden if possible (book it quick!)
- Texel: House in De Cocksdorp where we stayed with another family. Beautiful, clean, perfect location. HIGHLY recommended. Slept 8 comfortably. Crib avail in room. Trampoline and yard for the kids.
- Ibiza: THB Los Molinos (adults only). Must get a sea-view room (421 was great).
- Alanya: Ola Club Paradiso (all inclusive family resort). Beautiful room with balcony and two bedrooms + living room. Food variety was great- pools and slides were awesome but SO COLD in October. Safe location- not really on the beach, but there’s a bus which goes to the hotel beach every 30 minutes or so. Slept 5.